The Ministry of Education is reminding parents and guardians who have requested transfers based on the 2020 Secondary Entrance Assessment examinations, that classes for new Form 1 students will begin on Monday 19th October 2020.
That also includes students who have applied for transfers.
The Ministry says ALL students are expected to participate in virtual classes at their assigned schools until feedback is provided on requests for transfers.
Parents/guardians are also asked to take note of the following:
– There was an increase in the numbers of students registering for the 2020 SEA
– Annually, approximately 4,000 requests for transfers are made after the examination
– The granting of a transfer is dependent on the availability of space in the requested schools and
*student’s performance (merit),
*change of address,
*medical condition (that must be verified by a medical certificate and school records)special needs e.g. disabilities.
– The results of the review of scores, which is completed by CXC, impacts the transfer process
– Transfers are therefore not guaranteed
– Feedback on requests for transfers will commence on November 23rd 2020 and will be available at the respective Education District Offices.
The Ministry says given the uncertainty faced by parent/guardians as they await a response to their transfer requests, ONLY students awaiting transfer results will not be required to purchase uniforms of the assigned school.