It will be a very busy night as various arms have organised candlelight vigils, set for this evening at several trade union venues.
A total of eight union locations will be the backdrop for events as part of the ongoing nationwide demonstrations in solidarity with calls to end violence against women.
The vigils will run from 6pm to 8pm Wednesday 17th February, 2021, at the following venues:
• Oilfield Workers’ Trade Union on Circular Road, San Fernando
• T&T Unified Teachers’ Association on the Southern Main Road, Curepe
• Banking Insurance and General Workers’ Union on Eight Street, Barataria
• Contractor and General Workers Trade Union on Rushworth Street, San Fernando
• T&T Postal Workers’ Union on the Eastern Main Road, El Dorado
• T&T Registered Nurses Association on Fitzblackman Drive South, Woodbrook
• Estate Police Association on Battoo Avenue, Marabella
• Seamen and Waterfront Workers Trade Union & National Union of Government and Federated Workers on Wrightson Road, Port of Spain