Government’s decision to partially reopen restaurants on July 19 is a small step for an industry that has been decimated.
So says Peter George Jr., owner of the Trent Restaurant Group.
In an interview with GML, George Jr. said that “Every angle of the restaurant business has been restricted over the last 18 months. The opening of restaurants now is bittersweet.”
He said “We have been here two or three times. The Government has not used taxpayers’ money to help us. The plan cannot be to just reopen businesses as you must understand the catastrophic damage that has been done to the economy since last year. I foresee more restaurants not reopening. Businesses have been closed, incomes have been atrophied, people have not gotten paid. They have a tremendous burden with banks.”