Police were called to the scene last night to investigate the death of a nine-year-old boy who died Monday afternoon. Initial reports indicate that police suspect that the child died while attempting to do the ‘BlackOut Challenge’ from TikTok.
Reports indicate he tied a belt around his neck snd the burglar proofing at his Maloney gardens home. His parent found him unresponsive and called an ambulance and the police.
The “blackout challenge” — also referred to as “scarfing” or “the choking game,” and in which restricted oxygen to the brain results in a high — has circulated on various social media platforms. Many countries are seeking to have the challenge banned because of injuries and death of children.