There is confirmation from Acting Commissioner of Police, Mc Donald Jacob; nine officers from the now dismantled Special Operations Response Team have been suspended pending investigations.
The Acting Commissioner of Police made the disclosure while speaking on the Power 102 Digital’s Power Breakfast Show Monday morning.
ACP Jacob said the move was carried out earlier this year.
The Acting Commissioner of Police said there are also other officers who are not suspended.
However, Mr Jacob said these officers are also under investigations because of internal infractions.
Mr Jacob said the Complaints Department is spearing the probe into this matter.
Mr Jacob said both categories of police officers will not be able to submit applications to the newly formed National Operations Task Force.
The Acting Commissioner of Police also gave some insight into how the new unit will operate.