Officers of the Northern Division (ND) Traffic Unit and the North Eastern Division Traffic Unit (NED) issued 63 tickets to several motorists in Morvant, Barataria, San Juan, and on the Churchill Roosevelt Highway, yesterday Wednesday 12th May 2021.
The exercise was conducted during the period 8 am and 10 am and 4 pm to 7 pm under the supervision of ASP Beharry, and coordinated by Sgt Toorie, Ag/Sgt Galera, Ag/Sgt Blake, and Ag/Cpl Bissoon. The 63 tickets were issued for the following traffic violations:
• 30 – Driving above the speed Limit
• 2 – Failure to wear seat belt
• 8 – Parking on footpath
• 9 – Breach of traffic sign
• 2 – Unnecessary obstruction
• 12 – Failure to wear a seat belt
Thirteen persons were also issued tickets for failure to wear face mask.