Six illegal immigrants were among 13 persons arrested for various offences within the South-Western Division on Wednesday.
This follows a crime suppression exercise initiated by the detectives of the Penal Criminal Investigations Department (CID) during the hours of 8:00am and 12 noon.
Acting on information, officers visited several areas within the district where the suspects were arrested for the following offences:
- Two 22-year-old Venezuelan male nationals for possession of ammunition
- An 18-year old Venezuelan male for possession of ammunition
- A 19-year-old Venezuelan female for illegal entry
- A 26-year-old Venezuelan female for illegal entry
- A 25-year-old Venezuelan male for illegal entry
- A 30-year-old male for obscene language
- A 35-year-old male for threats to kill
- A 19-year-old male for possession of a weapon
- A 25-year-old male for robbery with aggravation
- A 38-year-old male for storeroom breaking and larceny
- An 18-year-old male for robberies with aggravation
- A 17-year-old male minor for robberies with aggravation
All suspects, including the Venezuelan nationals who have been confined into quarantine, will be charged later this week for the offences.