Five men were arrested yesterday in the Southern Division during Operation Strikeback 3. The anti-crime exercise which took place between the hours of 3 pm and 9 pm involved the execution of several search warrants at residences in Princes Town, Ste. Madeleine, Mon Repos, and San Fernando.
The five were subsequently charged for the following offences:
• KEVIN VINCENT, 44, of San Fernando Street, San Fernando, for possession of 70 grammes of cannabis. The charge was laid by PC Ramcharan.
• ELIJAH SLATER, 24, of St. Andrews Avenue Park West, Cocoyea, for possession of 102 grammes of cannabis. The charge was laid by PC Loutan.
• AMIR ALLAH, 26 of Solomon Street, Princes Town, for possession of 11.5 grammes of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. The charge was laid by PC Mohammed.
• KWASI THOMPSON, 39, of Indian Walk Road, Moruga, for possession of 16.5 grammes of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. The charge was laid by PC Legendre.
• JEREMIAH JOSHUA, 32, of Fifth Company Village, Moruga, for disorderly behaviour and resisting arrest. The charge was laid by PC Guerra.
They are scheduled to appear virtually at the Princes Town Magistrates’ Court today.
The exercise was coordinated by Snr Supt Lucia Winchester, Supt Carty, ASP Ramdass, and Insp Phillip. It was directly supervised by Sgts Charles and Joseph, and Cpl Charles, and included officers of the Southern Division Task Force (SDTF) and the Canine Branch.